Parks & Gardens
Harwood International’s environmental philosophy is to give back to the community, through implementation and preservation of green space. We concentrate on including urban revitalization and improvements in the environmental and social attributes of each of our individual developments. The 17-city blocks of the district of Harwood master-planned community has been carefully assembled with The Katy Trailhead on the north end of the district and the Woodall Rodgers Deck Park on the south end of the district.
- All buildings have incorporated energy-efficient technologies designed to comply with LEED requirements.
- Over 2,000 trees planted throughout the district of Harwood.
- All office buildings have bike racks as part of the initiative to promote “Walk to Life.”
- 6.5 acres of land at the district of Harwood is devoted to landscaped gardens, elaborate green roofs, and public green spaces.
- Reassurance Program includes wider and well-lit sidewalks to increase walk-ability.
Marie GabrielleTM Gardens
At the heart of Harwood, Uptown’s newest district, lies an enchanting 1.5-acre European rooftop garden. Beautiful oak and river birch trees surround a spectacular reflecting pool, creating the perfect setting for exquisite ceremonies, receptions and events, whether family or business. The Marie GabrielleTM Gardens are a part of the 6.5 acres of greenspace in the district of Harwood.
Sure, elegant buildings of glass and steel punctuate the skyline but it is at ground level that one embraces the heart and soul of Harwood. With car parking and servicing ‘below deck’, so to speak, ‘ground level’ has been given over to the people who live and work in Harwood.
It is nature’s place, an evergreen oasis for all to enjoy.